The Spring Newsletter (2018) has been uploaded. The links below are to the Adobe browser-you can scroll with the arrows on each side of the file, and there is a menu at the bottom for printing, downloading etc. To come back to this page, use the back arrow in your browser.
Alternatively, here is a direct link to the same file on our website.
Edited by Barbara Morrison and Jennifer Teeter, the newsletter contains a wealth of information and insight, including
1) Integrating Gender Literacy into Your University Classes: Gerry Yokota shares how they engage learners in gender literacy through solidarity, best practices, and… anime! Gerry also has shared two of her powerpoints for reader’s to adapt to use in their own contexts.
2) When a JALT Event Heals Your Sore: Reflecting on her own positionality, Parisa Mehran shares her notes on a joint presentation by Tanja McCandie and Brent Simmonds on diversity and the JALT Code of Conduct.
2) Sexual Harassment is Sex Discrimination: a conversation with Kobe University Professor Ronni Alexander, the plaintiff in a historical case that helped established sexual harrassment procedures in the U.S. in the 1970s.
3) Members Corner, with Quenby Aoki, GALE Co-Coordinator
4) Development Teaching Learning Concepts, with Tamara Cohen, Gerry Yokota and Eucharia Dougherty
5) PAN-SIG Member Presentations
6) WELL Conference Report
and much more.